Polotsk State University invites you to participate in Belarusian language and culture summer school in ancient Polotsk!
It’s a great chance to learn Belarusian language, literature and culture, to get acquainted with Belarus, its traditions and beauty.
Studying Belarusian philology is offered according to the following directions:
Belarusian language: intensive communicative course, bases of linguo-cultural studies
Belarusian literature: the most important pages of Belarusian literature from the past to the present: from the Eastern Slavic first-printer Francysk Skaryna to the Nobel Laureate Svetlana Alexievich
Belarusian culture: traditional culture of Belarusian Podvinye, unique architecture of the city museum Polotsk.
People choose us because
- we are in historical and cultural center of Belarus and geographical center of Europe
- our educational traditions go back to 1581
- Belarusian is taught by native speakers
- we use only intensive teaching methods
The summer school program is meant for those who start studying Belarusian philology and also want to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Belarusian language, literature and culture lessons – 6 hours per day
- Cultural and language immersion
- Excursion to university campus – former Polotsk College
- Tours around interesting historical and cultural places of the city museum Polotsk
- Entertainment program
- Souvenir products
- Language Certificate
- Transfer services (Minsk National Airport – Polotsk; Polotsk - Minsk National Airport)
- Registration fee (~12 $)
- Consular fee
- Medical insurance (~25 $)
- Museum tickets
Programme of Summer School (.pdf)